Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 at 1:38:00 AM | IP Logged

The Golf Club 2014 

Boze
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/1/1901 (123)

Posted: Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 3:19:00 PM | IP Logged

Wow! That looks amazing!! Thanks for sharing Lee. 

Boze Signature

XBL: xXBoze66Xx

Boze
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/1/1901 (123)

Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 at 12:17:10 AM | IP Logged

I'm amazed with the cricket sounds, I'd personally like to hear some input on this topic, lol.  

Boze Signature

XBL: xXBoze66Xx

GezzerMax
General Member
No User Image
Ireland

Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 at 12:54:07 PM | IP Logged

Has anyone got this new golf game yet? I was going to get through steam but would like to see some reviews first 

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

B-Day: 11/26/1987 (36)

Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 at 1:56:57 PM | IP Logged

GezzerMax said:
"Has anyone got this new golf game yet? I was going to get through steam but would like to see some reviews first"
I would leave this alone for the moment , it seems the Keyboard & mouse option for control is playing up, the Beta Testers for PC used game pads like xbox ones, you will also need a big graphics card to run it, Directx 11 i presume, i will get the game when my new PC arrives.
I can see lots of problems ahead for this game ! lets face it you cannot play a 4 ball as yet, Alt game ect: and for me a new game ? that cannot emulate some thing TW 2006 had or TW 2008 had the Main EASO lan lobby, is not good news.
As for the Course creator ! it has limitations. 

Jimbo63
General Member
No User Image
England

B-Day: 7/30/1947 (76)

Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 at 3:12:24 PM | IP Logged

Argon is right, this is a long way from a finished project. To be fair to HB Studios they have stated that this is only an early stage. I bought this yesterday via Steam and had to put the settings on low to stop the flashing and glitching that were happening on the higher settings. On the low setting the water features do not reflect. It took me about 2 minutes to create an individual course which was playable but I have to say that the course designer seems very limited at the moment  

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 at 3:49:13 PM | IP Logged

This game is also cross platform, xbox one ,PS4 and PC,for some its cheaper to buy a console than invest in a kick ass PC !.
The course creator has only so many themes or templates/ back drops.

Jimbo63
General Member
No User Image
England

Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 at 3:55:32 PM | IP Logged

Just played another round on high settings with mouse/keyboard controls and it played fine, so I cannot explain what was happening yesterday. Makes you realize how good TW2008 and it's Course Architect are when you consider when it was made.  

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 at 4:10:46 PM | IP Logged

edited by: argon on Friday, April 18, 2014 at 4:38:00 PM More Info

Spot On Jimbo ,? Will it ever be bettered, all the options are still there without the EASO,for game play.
Just been reading over there now theres peeps pulling their hair out struggling to run this 

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 at 8:21:59 PM | IP Logged

Perfect Parallel looks to be the better of the two.

I'm only going by videos that I've seen but The Golf Club course generator (which is what I would want it for) seems to be very simplistic. There is no way you could get close to recreating a real course IMO. I expect Perfect Golf to be flooded by courses that people have knocked up in 5 minutes. Whereas the Perfect Parallel if it ever comes out looks to have a superb course design program (course Forge) included. 

Munroco Signature

From Carnoustie, the REAL home of golf.

Jimbo63
General Member
No User Image
England

Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 at 11:32:47 PM | IP Logged

Great to hear from you Neil. I think that you meant that The Golf Club game will be flooded
with quickly designed courses. Perfect Golf will be the game from Perfect Parallel for playing their courses. The Golf Club designer is more simplistic and I agree that Course Forge will be much better for course designing. I have just spent 4 hours getting my head round The Golf Club designer and adjusting one of the generated courses. I can see that it has some potential if you are prepared to spend some time on each course, but at the moment it has no capability IMO for designing real courses. Are you thinking of returning to course designing once Course Forge is released? 

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 at 12:51:10 AM | IP Logged

Munroco said:
"Perfect Parallel looks to be the better of the two.

I'm only going by videos that I've seen but The Golf Club course generator (which is what I would want it for) seems to be very simplistic. There is no way you could get close to recreating a real course IMO. I expect Perfect Golf to be flooded by courses that people have knocked up in 5 minutes. Whereas the Perfect Parallel if it ever comes out looks to have a superb course design program (course Forge) included."
The Perfect Parallel Couse Forge , has an add on tool which is capable of grabbing land plot Elevations data from Bing Maps, their game looks a long way off yet and as you said about The Golf Club there could be lots of courses generated to quickly. 

GezzerMax
General Member
No User Image
Ireland

Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 at 4:37:56 AM | IP Logged

I have a directx 11 1gb card and meet the min specs but, watched a few videos and the gameplay physics looks horrible.Might just leave this one for the time being 

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 at 5:46:52 AM | IP Logged

GezzerMax said:
"I have a directx 11 1gb card and meet the min specs but, watched a few videos and the gameplay physics looks horrible.Might just leave this one for the time being"
After a lot more reading at their forum , you dont have to join to read them, it seems there are variables on the ball position as regards to Stance, that you have to chose from ? surely this is wrong like our game if you elect to punch a shot the ball position is on Auto so to speack , applies to all our shots, ? if they ever get Alt games going will this ball positioning really slow play up !a 9 hole 4 ball could take ages ? 

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 at 3:23:52 PM | IP Logged

Correct Jim, I did get the two mixed up. I was going to give The Golf club a try out but I think I may give it a miss and wait for Perfect Golf to be released. I really fancy using Course Forge. It looks fabulous. 

Munroco Signature

From Carnoustie, the REAL home of golf.

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 at 10:26:41 PM | IP Logged

Steam !!!! are you kidding me...Steam is the worst thing to happen to PC gaming since the Console. 

djredick
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 3/9/1966 (58)

Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 at 11:28:35 PM | IP Logged

dawg8 said:
"Steam !!!! are you kidding me...Steam is the worst thing to happen to PC gaming since the Console."

Yea, I agree. I bought Civilization V last year, and was disappointed in that despite the fact it was a RETAIL game, it still needed Steam to play.

Even the US Government has gotten onto the Steam bandwagon as America's Army 4: Proving Grounds is only available through it. 

There are 1 active members online
Mav01,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Spring 2014: HB Studios "The Golf Club" - Page 1 Loaded in 0.297 seconds
Thursday, April 25, 2024 @ 7:17:27 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.